Lu Lu obtained his B.Eng degree in Mechatronic Engineering from Zhejiang University in China in Jun 2008. He then joined the School of Mechanical Engineering at Purdue University, where he received his Ph.D. degree and M.S. degree in Aug 2013 and Dec 2010, respectively. From Sep 2013 to Aug 2015, he worked as a postdoctoral research associate at the Center for Automation Technologies and Systems (CATS) at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He joined the department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering (MIE) at NJIT as an assistant professor in Aug 2015. Lu Lu´s research interests include control, robotics, manufacturing, sensor fusion and human-machine interaction.
Purdue University, Ph.D., 2013
Purdue University, M.Sc., 2010
Zhejiang University, B. Eng., 2008
control, robotics, manufacturing, mechatronics, human-robot interaction
- Lu Lu and John T. Wen, "Human-directed control of an assistive mobile manipulator," submitted to IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (Special Issue on Human-Centered Automation).
- Lu Lu, Jian Zheng and Sandipan Mishra, "A Layer-to-layer model and feedback control of ink-jet 3D printing," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (Focused Section on Mechatronics on Intelligent Manufacturing), Vol.20, No.3, 2015, pp.1056-1068.
- Lu Lu and Bin Yao, "Energy saving adaptive robust control of a hydraulic manipulator using five cartridge valves with an accumulator," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.61, No.12, 2014, pp. 7046-7054.
- Lu Lu and Bin Yao. "A performance oriented multi-loop constrained adaptive robust tracking control of one-degree-of-freedom mechanical systems: theory and experiments," Automatica, Vol.50, No.4, pp.1143-1150, 2014.
- Lu Lu and Bin Yao, "Online constrained optimization based adaptive robust control of a class of MIMO nonlinear systems with matched uncertainties and input/state constraints," Automatica, Vol.50, No.3, pp.864-873, 2014.
- Lu Lu, Zheng Chen, Bin Yao and Qingfeng Wang. "A two-loop performance oriented tip tracking control of a linear motor driven flexible beam system with experiments," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol.60, No.3, 2013, pp.1011-1022.
- Shreekant Gayaka, Lu Lu and Bin Yao, "Global stabilization of a chain of integrators with input saturation and disturbances: a new approach," Automatica, Vol.48, No.7, 2012, pp.1389-1396.
- Bin Yao, Chuxiong Hu, Lu Lu and Qingfeng Wang, "Adaptive robust precision motion control of a high-speed industrial gantry with cogging force compensations," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol.19, No.1, 2011, pp.1149-1159.
- Lu Lu and Bin Yao, "Adaptive robust control of a class of nonlinear systems in semi-strict feedback form with non-uniformly detectable unmeasured internal states," International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, Vol.24, No.11, pp.961-981, 2010.
- Lu Lu, Bin Yao, Qingfeng Wang and Zheng Chen, "Adaptive robust control of linear motors with dynamic friction compensation using modified LuGre model," Automatica, Vol.45, No.12, pp.2890-2896, 2009.
- Lu Lu, Zheng Chen, Bin Yao and Qingfeng Wang, "Desired compensation adaptive robust control of a linear motor driven precision industrial gantry with improved cogging force compensation," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol.13, No.6, pp.617-624, 2008.