|Hours:||Wednesday 3:30-4:30 pm, MEC 308|
|Dept:||Mechanical and Industrial Engineering|
I received both doctorate and master’s degrees in industrial engineering and operations research from University of California, Berkeley, and two bachelor’s degrees from Cornell University, one in electrical and computer engineering and the other in operations research and engineering. My past and current research focuses on exploring the interaction between consumer behaviors and the design, pricing and management of products and services. I am also interested in researching questions related to sustainable energy systems and health care.
- PhD 2012, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley
- MS 2007, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley
- BS 2005, Electrical and Computer Engineering, and in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Cornell University
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, UC Berkeley 2008
- Dean’s List, Cornell University 2001 – 2005
- Member of INFORMS
- Member of SWE
My research focuses on investigating the impact of behaviors of decision-makers on the design, pricing and management of products and services, particularly in sustainable energy systems, market-based engineering design and healthcare systems.
- Sustainable Energy Systems. My research focus is to accelerate the implementation of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) technology through the design of economic incentives and optimal service contracts among the participants of networks.
- Market-Based Engineering Design. My research focus is to investigate the benefits and effectiveness of the market-based engineering design for large systems engineering projects.
- Healthcare Systems. My research focus is to accelerate the adoption of Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology and achieve higher levels of effective EHR use by primary care physicians through the application of predictive modeling methodology.
- Wenbo Cai and Ying-Ju Chen, Intertemporal pricing with boundedly rational consumers. Published online in Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, (2011)
- Wenbo Cai and Ying-Ju Chen. 2011. Intertemporal Pricing and Return Policies for Strategic Consumers. Submitted for publication.
- Wenbo Cai, Ying-Ju Chen and Chicheng Wu. 2011. Intertemporal pricing, capacity rationing, and demand uncertainty. In preparation.
- Wenbo Cai and Ying-Ju Chen. Product line design under consumer choice model. Submitted for publication.
- Wenbo Cai and Ying-Ju Chen. Competition, pricing and waiting times in services. In preparation.