|Office:||304 Mechanical Engineering Center|
- Experimental study on hydrodynamic charistics of evpoarting liquid-vapor sprays injected into gas-solid fluidized systems. The study is focused on the coupling mechanisms (and hence transport phenomena) of mass, momentum and heat transfer during the collision-dominated processes of droplets, solids, vapor and ambient gas medium.
- Mechanistic modeling on hetrogeneous structure in gas-solid riser flows. The study is focused at understanding the effect of inter-solids collisions on the solids transport along risers, which is strongly coupled with carrying gas hydrodynamics and wall boundaries.
- Mechanistic modeling on coupling between hydrodynamics of gas-solid flows and chemical reactions. The study is focused on the understanding of hydrodynamic mechisms that governs the reactions and vice versa in a gas-solid riser reactor
- Experimental study on themultiphase flows in a controlled despressured chamber. The focus is on the controlling the coupling mechanisms of both flow and chamber pressure.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, PhD 1991
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MSME 1989
- Tsinghua University (P. R. China), BSc 1984
Academic and Research Appointments
- Professor Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, July 2007-present)
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, (July 2003- July 2007)
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, (August 1998 - July 2003)
Awards and Honors
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineering
Multiphase Flows: evaporative jets in multiphase flows; drag forces and collisions of interacting particles; pneumatic conveying; turbulence modulation. Particulate Pollution Control: fibrous filtration; wet scrubbing; rotating fluidized bed granular filtration.
Membrane Distillation: thermal membrane distillation, ultrasonic enhancement.