GRA Position Announcement
Systems Optimization and Analytics Lab (SOAL) at New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) seeks a highly qualified PhD student for a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) position with a starting date of Spring 2018 or Fall 2018.
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated individual with outstanding writing skills and a strong background in math, algorithms, and computer programming. The research projects involve developing optimization models, mixed-integer programming, non-linear programming, stochastic programming, and exact algorithms (e.g., cutting planes and decomposition algorithms) to solve healthcare, humanitarian logistics, and environmental sustainability problems. A background in operations research, applied mathematics, optimization, mathematical modeling, algorithms and programming (C, C++, etc.) is desirable although all qualified candidates will be considered. Strong skills in CPLEX and other optimization software will be considered as a plus.
- Seeking a PhD degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.5 (out of 4) or higher in Industrial Engineering/Computer Science/Math. GPA of 3.0 or higher may also be considered if the applicant has exceptional background and skills. An MS GPA of 3.5/4 or higher is preferable. Other engineering disciplines as well as business/economics/finance backgrounds may also be considered.
- Solid background in math, linear algebra, probability, and random variables.
- Familiarity with C or C++ programming.
- An overall TOEFL IBT score of 79 or larger (with speaking score>23) or an IELTS band score of 6.5 or larger is required.
- Provision of the GRE scores are strongly encouraged and will be considered as a plus.
- Strong candidates without a master’s degree will also be considered, should they apply for the PhD program.
Females and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the position above, please contact Dr. Esra Buyuktahtakin Toy (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly and send to her (preferably in pdf/jpeg format)
- A resume
- An unofficial copy of your graduate/undergraduate transcript.
- Unofficial copies of TOEFL and GRE scores
- 3 representative publications or reports if available.
The positions will be open until filled (last updated in 9/20/2017).